Friday, May 8, 2015

Superman + Batman = SuperBat!



Another entry in my "Hybrid Heroes" line is SuperBat, whom I got from combining the DC superhero favorites Superman and Batman. As you can see, I have combined Superman's red cape (with scalloped "batwing" edge, a la Batman) and blue bodysuit with Batman's black spiky-looking gloves, black undies-on-the-outside (as opposed to Superman's red undies-on-the-outside), yellow utility belt (as opposed to Superman's plain yellow belt) and the famous batsignal. As well as the cape and the chest logo, the boots are a true amalgam, being Batman-black but with the Superman design at the top. Last but not least is the bat-eared mask, which I decided to use instead of the cowl so I could show the distinctive curl-on-the-forehead 'do of Kal-El (although Bruce Wayne has similar hair)!

SuperBat can fly, of course, and can use his super-hearing for echolocation. Not only is he invulnerable to bullets, he is also a skilled martial artist and has amazing powers of deduction. He belongs to the Hybrid League with Bat Canary, who we met earlier: http://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2015/01/batgirl-black-canary-bat-canary.html and with Wonder Bat, a more recent addition: http://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2015/03/batgirl-wonder-woman-wonder-bat.html . Things are pretty batty in the Hybrid League!

Picture is my original artwork; mixed media on bristol board. Superman and Batman are trademarked characters of DC Comics, Inc, but SuperBat is my own invention. Click on the image for more detail!

For regular shenanigans, please follow my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/allsortsofart

3 comments:

  1. Hey. This is brilliant! I love what you have done here, I came across this last night, and I'd love to make an action figure of it. I'm currently working on other things at the moment, but will start as soon as I'm done would you like me to show you a picture, when I am finished?

    ReplyDelete