First things first: Please find above the Inktober 2026 prompt list, if you want to participate.
All the other things:
I have yet to complete an Inktober challenge. I haven't been up to the task of completing a picture a day in 31 days since I was in art school, probably. Oh, who am I kidding? Since grade school, when I would draw instead of listening. But wow, I used to fill page after page of notebook paper with drawings of Wonder Woman.
*Ahem* Getting back to the topic: Despite this yearly challenge being a bit too challenging to complete, it always inspires me, and so I try to go with it as long as I can. Most of the time, I attack it straight on, with a drawing per day. Sometimes I start out that way but fall back on hacks, like combining prompts. Ah, but last year, I started with hacks.
These really need no explanation, so enjoy:
Day 1 - Mustache
Day 2 - Weave
Day 3 - Crown
Day 4 - Murky
Day 5 - Deer
Day 6 - Pierce
Day 7 - Starfish
Day 8 - Reckless
As you can see, I had myself a system. It was conserving sketchbook paper, too. Everything was going great, except on the 8th day of October, I lost my job of eight years in a corporate downsizing. Dammit. Well, didn't that suddenly give me way more time to art, you ask? Yes, it did, eventually. But at the time, I was really sad, and I just got derailed. Eventually I arted up a storm, producing absolute scads of artwork, but my Inktober stopped right there.
Anyway, eight days isn't too bad. Hanukkah gets a lot of mileage out of it.
Fair warning: I am working full time again, so no guarantees. But I'll take another bite at the apple (that's Day 1, folks. See what I did, there?)
For my previous Inktober posts:
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2019/12/a-little-backstory-on-inktober.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2020/10/inktober-2020-is-under-way.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2020/11/more-fun-with-inktober.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2021/03/another-shot-of-inktober-so-what-if-its.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2022/04/inktober-restrospective-2020-part-two.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2022/08/inktober-2021-starting-off-with-bang.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2022/09/inktober-2021-did-i-start-unraveling.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2024/10/inktober-2024-prompt-list-and-some.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2025/10/inktober-2025-is-under-wayand-i.html
https://allsortsartbyali.blogspot.com/2025/10/inktober-2024-part-two.html
For more shenanigans, you can follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allsortsofart








No comments:
Post a Comment